Wednesday, October 31, 2007

reaction to Renov

This text opened a door into the insight of those in which we have read such as Barthes, Foucault, Derrida etc. Discussion over the logistics behind the collection of information required to entertain such ideals these authors share. Relates this back to the film-maker as artist and author. I understand where Jimmy and Kim are coming from when they say it is a more 'readible' text but for me it was more academic literature regarding techniques of gathering and presenting material rather than actually being allowed into an author's intimate message. I think that is why I would rather read from 'Barthes by Barthes' I feel as though I am being allowed into a sacred space----that not everyone is allowed--and that which is rarely given---maybe like a blog

No comments: