Wednesday, October 17, 2007

reaction to Foucault

I thought that this text was a bit more dense compared to the Foucault we read for last class. My understanding of it was that he was describing the use of sex as a confessional tool starting with the Medeival times to the time of the writing. Pleasure equals truths--- truth equals the confessional ritual---sex equals a confessional ritual. Over time with the development of a different understanding of the human body i.e. we see our selves more in physiological terms we are organisms, as well as evolving more complex relationships. The priciple of the type of confession Foucault discusses early on has changed.

I do not know in fact how we can relate this to some of the other text? or my personal life but I am sure there will be more light shed on this reading during class

No comments: